Tuesday, September 8, 2009

1st propaganda art piece

I really like how this piece was put together. The artists' piece reminds me of the comic book stills that are in movies like Kill Bill I & II, Tank Girl and others. Obviously, the piece's main style of propaganda devotes itself to the appeal of emotion and fear. It is showing a innocent little boy awaiting the Israeli helicopters, gunships and bombers. The name also evokes a great sense of anger considering that the Palestinian people have been denied their own space to call home and have been abused and degraded for over a century. I know that there are two sides to every conflict, but the blatant misuse of power by the Israeil's during that week was horrendous. When I look at this piece, I can vividly remember the news reports of illegal white phosphorous being dropped and all the innocent civilians that were killed without any regard for human life.

No comments:

Post a Comment